AZ Team Thunder Volleyball club, and all its coaches, have been a proud member of the Positive Coaching Alliance since 2016. Our coaches strive to meet all aspects of the "PCA Way" that focuses on developing "Better Athletes, Better People." Go to the Positive Coaching Alliance website to learn more about this organization: https://positivecoach.org/
All the coaches at AZ Team Thunder Volleyball Club have also been SAFESPORT Trained and Certified where we are committed to building a sport community where participants can work and learn together free of emotional, physical and sexual abuse and misconduct.
Derrick Chapin - Director, Head Coach
- Coaching competitive youth VB for close to 10years
- Jefferson Prep Varsity Coach, 2015-2019
- 2019 AZ CAA Varsity Coach of the year
- 2019 AZ CAA Varsity State Runner-ups
- 2020 Ridgeline Academy JV Head Coach - Undefeated
Jon Graves - Head Coach
- Holy Family Varsity Head Coach 2+ yrs.
- 2019 AZ CAA Varsity State Champions 19-1
- 2020 AZ CAA Varsity State Champions 20-0
My philosophy is on player development. I strive to assist each player to maximize their God given talents. We will be replacing ineffective habits with new habits that lead to better results. This is detailed instruction that is easy for the player to understand and execute. The player will see results in a short period of time, increasing their confidence in themselves in a positive and nurturing manner. I believe that you have to understand and meet a player where they are currently but be able to see what they can become and lead them there.
Tara Melton - Head Coach
- Played volleyball for last 10yrs and coached for the past 3
- Played Cactus High School and had back-to-back State runner-up seasons.
- All-state honors 2 years in a row and two-time Player of the Year.
- 2yrs playing MH at Glendale Community College
- became an NJCAA First Team All-American.
- 2yrs playing MH at University of Alaska - earning 3rd highest single-season Attack % in university history.
- Earned honorable mention for Great Northwestern Athletic Conference.
- Coaches High School Varsity Volleyball and has coached at several of the AZ Clubs.
Siva "Ellie" Anau - Head Coach
- Played volleyball for last 6yrs and coached for the past 2
- Starting Varsity all thru high school
- Earned club-scholarships all thru high school
Katy Craner - Strength and Fitness Trainer
- Worked in the fitness industry for 10years specializing in group fitness and yoga.
- Played volleyball all 4yrs of high school
- Played 2yrs at Rick's College
- 2nd year as AZ Team Thunder Strength Training Coach and is excited to help the athletes achieve a whole new level in their fitness goals!